This week’s topic is Jewish ways understanding what the Bible is, namely what it means to speak of the Bible as “revealed” and “authoritative.” Our guest is Benjamin D. Sommer, professor of Bible and ancient Semitic languages at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York City. His latest book is Revelation and Authority: Sinai in Jewish Scripture and Tradition. Christians have much to learn from Jews about how to understand the nature of the Bible.
- The Expression of Faith is Its Best Defense
- Historical Criticism and the “Inner Impulse towards Truth” in Christian Faith
- A Brief but Deep Thought on Defending the Christian Faith (or not)
- B4NP Podcast Episode 15: “Violence in the Bible and What to Do With It” with Brian Zahnd
- Eugene Peterson and Professor Kirke’s Study