Pete and Jared discuss how doubt in the life of faith is normal (in fact, unavoidable and inevitable), biblical (you might be surprised how blunt some biblical writers are), and spiritually beneficial (struggling with uncertainty transforms faith in ways nothing else can). You can also check out Pete’s book on the topic, The Sin of Certainty.
- 4 Things about Western Christianity that Screwed Me Up (But It’s Never too late to Work on It)
- Stretching your mind may lead you to revise what you believe
- B4NP Podcast Episode 13: “On Being a Jewish Biblical Scholar” with Marc Brettler
- My First Big, Can’t-Get-Out-Of-It, “Aha” Moment with the Bible
- “I was always taught the Bible says X, but I just don’t see it”