This week’s episode explores how Judaism engages modern biblical scholarship which is often hostile to that tradition. Our guest is Marc Z. Brettler, Bernice and Morton Lerner Professor of Judaic Studies, Duke University. He is the author and editor of several important books including The Jewish Study Bible, The Bible and the Believer, The Jewish Annotated New Testament, and How to Read the Bible.
- 4 Things about Western Christianity that Screwed Me Up (But It’s Never too late to Work on It)
- Stretching your mind may lead you to revise what you believe
- B4NP Podcast Episode 13: “On Being a Jewish Biblical Scholar” with Marc Brettler
- My First Big, Can’t-Get-Out-Of-It, “Aha” Moment with the Bible
- “I was always taught the Bible says X, but I just don’t see it”