This week’s guest is Kent Sparks, professor of biblical studies and provost at Eastern University. Our discussion is all about the mystery of Israel’s origins. And it is a mystery. The exodus and conquest of Canaan (Exodus through Joshua) are central to Israel’s identity, and are certainly informed by old traditions and authentic historical memory—but they not historical accounts in the modern sense. How and when, historically speaking, Israel stepped out onto the world stage is a huge mystery, though we have some clues to piece together a compelling picture.
- I Wonder if Greg Gianforte Knows that Montana is not a “Biblical Concept” (or, fun with politicians quoting the Bible)
- A Quick Note on What Suffering Does
- Why Rituals Are Really Really Important for Your Faith
- Was There a “Fall” or Did Augustine Really Screw Everything Up?
- B4NP Podcast Episode 10: “The Israelites Believed in Many Gods” with Pete